Thursday, November 3, 2016
top 10 places to visit in karnataka
At a distance of much less than 100 meters from Aihole Bus Stand, Durga Temple, also known as Fort Temple, Durga temple is the most popular monument in Aihole with striking architecture and superb carvings. It is found within the major enclosed complicated of Aihole monuments. The identify of temple is originated from a fortification (durgam) which existed all around the temple earlier.
The temple Develop in between 7th and 8th centuries by Chalukyas, the temple program in U form resembles that of Buddhist Chaitya halls. The temple has a mukha-mandapa, a sabha-mandapa and inner sanctum with Shiva linga. The unique component of the temple is the pillared corridor close to the temple that permits pilgrims to take pradakshinas close to the temple. This design of architecture is called Gajaprastha (back of an elephant). The temple tower is created in Nagara fashion, even though the dome on the tower is missing.
The mukha-mandapa and the corridor have comprehensive carvings. Each and every corner of the pillar and ceiling are beautifully carved. The ceiling has an image of circular Nagaraja, although yet another picture is that of a lotus with 18 fishes. Crucial images in the temple are that of Mahishasura Mardhini, Lord Shiva and Varaha. The rear side of the temple has a fantastic carving of Ardhanareeswara. Every single pillar in the mukha-mandapa has substantial relief work of couples in diverse postures.
The inner walls of the verandah have lovely artwork. The lattice windows that give ventilation to the sabha-mandapa are quite eye-catching.
There is a large wonderfully created gateway towards southern side of the temple, which is believed to be the main entrance to the temple when it was fortified.
At a distance of 200 meters from Aihole Bus Stand and one hundred meters south of Durga Temple, Ladkhan Temple is the oldest temple in Aihole believed to be created in 5th century by 1st Chalukyan ruler Pulakesi I. It is found within the primary enclosed complicated of Aihole monuments. The temple is created in Mandapa type with strategy roof.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple title is originated from Ladkhan, a Muslim general from Bijapur sultanate who stayed in the temple for the duration of their invasion of the region. Initially a Surya temple, the temple has a mukha-mandapa and a huge sabha-mandapa. There is no separate garbhagriha in the temple and a stone booth is added to house the deity.
The huge pillars in the mukhamandapa have lovely carvings of gods along with floral patterns. The outer walls are also exhibit extensive designs of early Chalukyas. The sabhamandapa has a huge bull at the center. Huge plain pillars help the sabhamandapa. The inner sanctum houses a Shivalinga. The walls of sabhamandapa are accompanied by artistic lattice windows.
The roof has a tiny mandapa with an picture of Surya. A nagara style sikhara was later on additional to the temple which collapsed at later on level.
At a distance of 1.5 Kms from Badami Bus Station and behind Badami Museum, Badami Fort is situated on prime of a hill on the northern banking institutions of Agasthya Lake, other side of Cave Temples.
The Badami fort can be reached by a plight of steep measures from the museum. There are many decorated gateways develop out the rock with carvings. The walkway to the fort was carved out from large redstone hillock, offering distinctive setting to the fort. There are several water storage beds enroute the prime. There are two temples within the fort, nicely recognized as Decrease Shivalaya and Upper Shivalaya. The Decrease Shivalaya is a small two story structure on the corner of hill overlooking the Badami town. The Upper Shivalaya is a Dravidian design construction on best of the hill. There are several ruined structured all about the fort.
The fort provides magnificent views of all the monument of Badami, like Caves, Lake, Bhoothanatha temples and other monuments. Entire Badami town can be noticed from the fort hill. However the first structured have been constructed during the Chalukya period, most part of the existing fort on eastern side was develop in 18th century by Tipu Sultan who was so impressed with the place and ordered to construct a fort. The fort's major attraction is the 16th century Tipu's cannon.
At a distance of 5 Kms from Badami, Banashankari Temple is situated at Cholachagudda. Committed to Banashankari Devi, an incarnation of Goddess Parvati, it's 1 of the well-known temples in the district.
The authentic temple was created in 8th century, believed to be by Rashtrakutas, but the current structure traces its origin in the 17th century. This temple represents a combination of Dravidian & Nagara temple architecture. Haridra Tirtha, a large temple pond with a tall lamp tower developed on a three story framework is situated opposite to the entrance of the temple and it's a delight to view. The complete pond is surrounded by a corridor built with stone.
The Goddess can be observed seated on a growling lion and crushing a demon with her foot. The idol is carved out of a black stone. The Goddess Banashankari is depicted here with eight arms sitting on a roaring lion. The temple functions 3 massive lamp polls in the principal compound. These lamp polls are lit during particular events and critical festivals.
The yearly festival held in Jan/Feb is a major attraction. For the duration of the festival, a procession is support about the village with deity riding on chariot.
At a distance of 2.5 km from Bidar Railway Station, Bidar Fort is 1 of the magnificent forts in Karnataka and main tourist attraction of Bidar.
The preliminary Bidar fort is regarded to have been developed throughout the reign of the Western Chalukya dynasty which was established in 977 AD at Kalyani. Subsequently, it was captured by the Yadava dynasty of Devagiri and fell however yet again to the Kakatiyas of Warangal. Bidar Fort was rebuilt by Sultan Ahmed Shah Wali of Bahmani Dynasty, when his capital was moved from Gulbarga to Bidar in 1430 along with a number of Islamic monuments.
The Bidar fort is a specimen of the Persian architectural design obtaining 1.21 km in length and .80 km in breadth, with a quadrangular layout. Surrounded by three miles prolonged walls and comprising 37 bastions, it is surrounded by a triple moat.
There are 7 gates in the fort. The dominant principal gate exhibits Persian fashion architecture. The Gumbad Darwaza depicts arches with stilted size, also in Persian style. The Sherza Darwaza, the second gate of entry depicts two pictures of tigers carved on its fascia. The other gates are the Fateh Gate on the south, Talghat Gate in the east, Delhi Gate and Mandu Gate. The prominent bastion at the entry is recognized as the Munda Burj with guns positioned on it.
Within the fort complicated, there is an previous city, with monuments and structures from Bahamian era. Amid these monuments, Gagan Mahal, Rangin Mahal and Tarkash Mahal are most well-known. Jami Masjid and Solah Khamba Masjid are the two notable mosques constructed within the fort.
6.SRI MANIK PRABHU TEMPLE
At a distance of two km from Humnabad Bus Station and 51 km from Bidar, Sri Manik Prabhu Temple is located on the confluence of two holy rivulets Viraja and Guru Ganga at the village of Maniknagar.
The Manik Prabhu temple is constructed more than a Sanjeevani Samaadhi of a Saint Sri Sadguru Manik Prabhu Maharaj. He was a fantastic saint and is believed to be the fourth incarnation of Lord Dattatreya. He was born in 1817 and attained Samadhi on 1865.
The saint is renowned for his mystic powers through which he eliminated the soreness and sufferings of numerous devotees who came to seek his blessings. The saint stressed on the importance of following the path of Bhakti. Sri Manik Prabhu Maharaj has severla poetic contributions which are all focused to the Lord Brahma. The saint was given the title of Sakalamatacharya as all communities revered and respected him.
The temple is an unique architectural attractiveness and a key spiritual and religious centre. The temple attracts the two Hindu and Muslim devotees. The administration of the temple is carried out by Sri Manik Prabhu Samsthan which runs a number of social and charitable institutions. Sri Manik Prabhu Maharaj was established the Samsthan in the yr 1845 to propagate the message of religious harmony and universal brotherhood. The Samsthan these days has grown into an critical place of pilgrimage and draws thousands of devotees.
Sri Manik Prabhu Jyanthi is celebrated in grand method which is held on Lord Dattatreya Jayanti (about December).
At a distance of .5 KM from Belur Bus Station, Sri Chennakesava Temple is created in 1117 AD is the principal attraction of Belur. The temple is very famous for comprehensive carvings, stone sculptures, art work and its unique architecture. The temple is listed as UNESCO Globe heritage Web site.
Dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the temple was created by King Vishnuvardhana of Hoysala Dynasty. A six feet tall idol of Lord Vishnu is positioned in the temple. This temple was built in Hoysala design of architecture with main shrines being constructed on a star shaped platform. The temple has one hundred feet large magnificent gateway tower.
The raw materials used in the building of the temple was gray-green chlorite. The primary temple is surrounded by the Kappe Chennigaraya Temple and two far more shrines. The outer walls of the temple have 645 unique elephant carvings. It took about 103 years to complete the temple construction.
8.The VeeraNarayana temple
At a distance of 82 km from Kemmangundi, 64 km from Chikmagalur, 27 km from Belur & twelve km from Halebid, Belavadi is a village located in Chikmagalur District and is renowned for Sri Veera Narayana Temple built in Hoysala architectural style. The location is described as Ekachakranagara of Mahabharata and is said to be the area exactly where Pandava prince Bheema killed the demon Bakasura and protected the village and its individuals.
The Veera Narayana temple was created in 13th century by the Hoysala King Veera Bhallala II. This temple is focused to Load Vishnu in three distinct types. While Belur and Halebid are renowned for their intricate sculpture, this temple is a single of the very best examples of Hoysala architecture. The west side of the temple consists of a square garbhagriha, a sukanasi, Ranga mandapa and square maha mantapa. The complete framework has been constructed on a raised platform. The entire temple is built out of soapstone and is believed that this temple was constructed in two phases. The temple is in trikuta fashion (3 vimanas) with Sri Veera Narayana in the center facing east, Sri Venugopala dealing with north and Sri Yoganarasimha dealing with south. The shrines of Lord Krishna and Lord Narayana had been added later on on.
The entrance to the temple is majestic and has two carved elephants on both side of the gateway. The older shrine is in the center, even though the two other shrines encounter every single other across a prolonged Mandapa. The Ranga mandapa of Veera Narayana shrine has beautiful bell shaped pillars and a well decorated roof. The outer walls of the temple have beautifully carved pilasters with decorative towers on best. The principal shrine has an 8 feet tall picture of Veera Narayana with four hands which is considered one particular of the ideal examples of Hoysala art.
The two newer shrines are connected by an open Mandapa. These two shrines have various plans. A single is square even though the other is star shaped. The vimanas, the Sukanasi and the outer walls are covered with intricately carved sculptures. The northern shrine has a seven feet tall idol of Yoganarasimha in a sitting posture, holding Shanka and Chakra, with Sridevi and Bhoodevi standing on both side. The southern shrine has a great eight feet image of Venugopala playing flute. On both side of Venugopala stand Rukmini and Satyabhama. This is 1 of the most beautiful Krishna sculptures.
Ganesha Temple is about 300 meters from Veera Narayana Temple and worth a visit.
9.JAGAN MOHAN PALACE
At a distance of two km from Mysore Railway Station & two km from KSRTC Bus Station, the Jagan Mohan Palace which homes the Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery is positioned close to City Bus Stand shut to Mysore Palace. It is a single of the very best Mysore tourist areas. The Jagan Mohan Palace was constructed in 1861 by Krishnaraja Wodeyar III as an alternate retreat for the royal family.
The Mysore Palace, which was the original house of the royal family, was burnt down in a fire and the construction of a new palace in its area was began in 1897. Till the new palace was finished in 1912, the Jagan Mohan Palace was used by the royals as their property.
The Palace is a three-storied structure constructed in conventional Hindu fashion of architecture. The authentic palace was extended in 1900 AD and an external facade with a hall was added to the present framework of the palace. This new facade has three entrances. The walls of the interiors are painted with murals. These mural paintings which follow the conventional style of the Mysore college of painting depict the Dussehra scene and the canvas depicting the sequence of the Jumboo Savari stretches across three walls. A family members tree of the Wodeyars tracing the lineage of the royal household is also painted on a wall. Wooden panels displaying Dashavatara, the 10 incarnations of the Lord Vishnu is also existing in the palace. Until finally the completion of the principal palace auditorium in 1912, the yearly day and Dussehra festival celebrations had been taken location here.
The palace was converted into an art gallery in 1915 and was renamed as Jagan Mohan Palace Art Gallery in 1955 right after Sri Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar. It is considered as 1 of the very best art galleries in South India and also 1 of the top tourist places to go to in Mysore. The artwork gallery includes paintings exceeding 2000 in amount and these belong to various Indian designs of painting like Mysore, Mughal and Shantiniketan. It homes the prestigious assortment of paintings of Raja Ravi Varma.
Another critical painting current right here is the Lady with the lamp which was painted by the artist Haldenkar and is placed in a dark area. Exhibits right here also incorporate weapons of war, musical instruments, sculptures, brass-ware, antiques coins and currencies. Some other unique artifacts exhibited right here is a French clock which has a mechanism in which a parade by miniature soldiers is displayed each and every hour; beating drums mark the seconds and a bugle marks the minute. Paintings made on a grain of rice which can be viewed only by means of a magnifier are also displayed here.
The palace has an auditorium which is sometimes utilised for cultural occasions like dance and music performances and especially throughout Dussehra festival. This location is quite near to the Mysore Palace and usually visited together.
At a distance of three Kms from Mysore Railway Station & 1.5 Kms from KSRTC Bus Station, the Mysore Zoo was established in 1892 by Sri Chamarajendra Wodeyar and designed by German Landscaper and Horticulturist Mr. G.H. Krumbeigal. Also recognized as Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens, it is one of the oldest and one of the very best zoo parks in South India. It is also 1 of the greatest among Mysore areas to check out and usually used to market Mysore Tourism along with Mysore Palace.
The zoo was initially 10 acres and has expanded to over 250 acres at present. Mysore Zoo gives shelter to big quantity of animal species. The Zoo is popular for breeding some really rare animals in captivity. It has a fine assortment of animals like lions, tigers, hyena, deer, elephants, rhinos, king cobras and birds. The highlights of the zoo are Giraffees, Jaguars, African elephants and Wallaby.
The zoo is extremely organized with a superb assortment of animals and birds. The vegetation and landscape of the zoo are quite well maintained. The sightseeing commences with birds followed by Tiger, Cheetha, Gorilla, Rhino, Zeebra, Bear, Deer, Elephant, Jagurar, Lion, Ghoral, Reptiles, Hippo, Ostrich and ends with Giraffe.
The very best time to sight the animals is for the duration of the early hours of the morning, prior to eleven AM. Battery autos are available for individuals who can't walk. The Karanji Lake grew to become portion of the zoo and boating facility is available here.